Thursday, May 12, 2011

What's Your Mission?

Today I'm at the gym getting my walk on (starting my workout slow lol) and I start reading Rick Warren daily devotional email (encourage you to sign up) for today. The devotional is about planning ahead and fixing our eyes on eternity. He mentions that our iPhone and Google calendars are in no way able to capture Gods timing. There is a scripture he refers to which says 1k years is a blink in the eyes of eternity. What if I knew in 10 years I will die. What ways would be easier to change. What areas of my life would suddenly become easier to lay down? How much more would I give myself to my life mission? These questions propose truths about my world view and my perception of what God requires of me now and not just get it right because I know I will die In 10 years. I tell you what I know my mission and its to distroy the kingdom of Satan! The way I do that is to daily wake up saying NO to me and Yes to my master. I must know who Jesus is and who I am in Him. In the confidence of his many names I have peace and assurance. I live for another age. My eyes are not fixed on when I clock in and out of work, nor on when my next bill needs to be paid, or my next pay check, or getting the hottest new shirt at H&M, nor as a single man seeing if that new women at church is my wife (for ur laughs lol) My eyes are to be fixed on Jesus on the Father on the Holy Ghost. This will be my life mission. To know God in all ways I can know him. There are ways I never wished to know God such as partaking in his suffering. Still I count it an honor to know him even this way. Ask your creator what is your God given missions for your life, its so much more than what this world system tells us.

No comments:

Post a Comment